Does your Book Qualify for a Sorchia Review?
I’ll write a limited number of Sorchia Reviews this year. Your book must contain elements of urban fantasy, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, or paranormal. Schedule a Novel Magic post before you request a review. If you are not on the Novel Magic Schedule, I will not be able to review your book. Sign Up for a Novel Magic post Here.
How to Get Your Book to Sorchia
If your book is in NetGalley, let me know and I will grab it there. I’ve put a place on the Review Request Form at the bottom of the page for this info.
If you’re book is not in NetGalley, please plan to provide an ecopy of your book. You can send a MOBI file or you can provide a link to your book via a service like StoryOrigin or BookFunnel. Do not send a pdf version of your book.
Whenever I post the review, I will share the link with you, and I’ll link to your Novel Magic post as well. If you want to take a look at reviews I’ve posted on my blog, use this link or select Book Reviews from the Category menu.
I can’t give you a timeline of when I will get your review posted—I just don’t know how this is going to work out with my other projects. I’ll post a Currently Reading list somewhere on the blog, though, so you can see where your book is on my list.
Sorchia Reviews Policy.
- Fantasy, urban fantasy, mystery, and paranormal suspense/adventure only. If you are uncertain if your book qualifies in this regard, contact me.
- I will rate your book on a 3-5 scale with 5 being mind-blowing and 3 being a good read. I use the same scale on NetGalley.
- If I can’t say something nice, I won’t say anything at all, but I will be honest with my opinion.
- I will also post in Goodreads, Amazon, B&N. If you have another location, let me know. I’ve put a spot on the review request form for this info.
- If I can’t review a book for any reason, I will let you know. Reasons I might not review a book include:
- Poor editing
- Time issues for me–Usually, this will just delay the review.
- The book does not meet the genre requirement.
- I can’t give the book a 3 or better rating.
- The book falls into one of the No-No categories listed below.
- No erotica—I’m not morally or ethically opposed to it, just not very good at reviewing it. However, books that include steamy love scenes, bad language, violence, and general misbehaving are encouraged.
- No animal or child abuse or really over-the-top graphic violence.
- No pro-racist or pro-homophobic themes.
- YA books welcome.
Fill Out the Sorchia Reviews Request Form
If you’re still with me and want to request a review, fill out the Review Request Form.